ISS Astronaut on Colbert Report

Article written: 9 May , 2008
Updated: 24 Mar , 2012

The Colbert Report has gone galactic! ISS astronaut Garrett Reisman joked with Stephen Colbert on Comedy Central last night. It’s a very fun interview. Laser cannons and alien puppet masters are mentioned.

Source: Comedy Central

1. Vernon Balbert says

This was SO cool! Garrett Reisman was very funny and showed that while in space nobody can hear you scream, you can sure see that he’s enjoying himself immensely. Makes me envious.

2. Member

I think it’s being blocked for Canada. It doesn’t work for me. ๐Ÿ™

3. Dave says

That was fantastic. As time went by on regular news that lag went away. It was actually awesome to see how long it took for the ISS to receive the signal.

4. Matthias says

One thing’s for sure: NASA knows how to make great PR, at least most of the time.

5. m13 says

I enjoyed this video a lot, I am so excited!!!

the best thing was the way Garrett was laughing ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Helio George says

That was great!! Odd though, that one can not scream in space. ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. Richard Lalancette says

This won’t work.
    I’m from Ottawa, Canada as well.
    ๐Ÿ™

8. Overstroming says

That was superb! Those two guys both had huge respect for each other and had a huge laugh together.

9. Peter K says

I’m from Canada and enjoyed it immensely. It wasn’t a direct link but a couple of clicks, and I was there.
    Steven is my idol. He loves his own humour! And the astronaut was an excellent interview. I flipped too!
    Thanks for a great link…There is, afterall, intelligent life in and over this planet!

10. Peter K says

for those Canadians who still want to try, just go to Comedy Central’s website and click on the Colbert Report. I think it was his latest show so it should come right up.
    Fingers crossed!

11. Cosselbray says

Excellent, this is great public outreach, a good promotion for space exploration, Mars even gets a mention.
    Being from the UK I am not familiar with The Colbert Report, does it have a large following?
    Go on tell me รขโ‚ฌโ€œ millions รขโ‚ฌโ€œ hope so ๐Ÿ™‚