Hubble’s Amazing Rescue on NOVA

Article written: 12 Oct , 2009
Updated: 24 Mar , 2012

In a world where you have just one chance to save a dying explorer, the only hope is a space shuttle mission …(said in my deepest, most dramatic voice….) Enjoy this movie-like trailer for the upcoming NOVA special on PBS stations in the US, “Hubble’s Amazing Rescue.” It looks like a great show, providing the chance to re-live the exciting 12-day Hubble Servicing Mission 4 and its five pressure-filled spacewalks. Hubble’s Amazing Rescue premieres Tuesday, October 16th at 8PM ET/PT on PBS. Find out more about the show and check local listings for your area here.

1. SuperKevin says

I don’t like to correct people on typos, but in this case it’s probably needed. The premiere date should be Tuesday, Oct 13th.

2. Astrofiend says

I think it would be fair to say that I can’t wait for it. Seeing as I’m not American though, and PBS blocks access to it’s online material for IPs originating outside the US, I think it’s going to have to be a BitTorrent job.

Looks like it’s going to be a fascinating show…

3. Pvt.Pantzov says

“we didn’t know how big the universe was or how old it was. because of hubble… now we do…”

grrrr…!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. DrFlimmer says

Well, Astrofriend, if you find that show somewhere in the internet… would there be a strange and twisted kind of way of sending this material to me?

5. Jon Hanford says

You might try using a wormhole 🙂

6. DrFlimmer says

Too unstable! I want the whole thing and not a shortcut, because some data misses, after the wormhole collapsed.

Still, I must admit that this would be, indeed, a strange and twisted kind.

7. Astrofiend says

I’ll let you know if I find it… Then we’ll try to figure it out!

8. Member
    DlunerE says

You could always purchase it on the PBS website when it comes out. Or Netflix will probably have it…….

Otherwise I’ll send it to you in a subspace transmission…..

Comments are closed.