South America, especially the Atacama Desert in Chile has become one of the best places in the world to put a telescope. It’s dry, high, and the nights are clear. Today we’ll talk about the monster telescopes already in operation in this region, and the big ones coming soon.
Visit the Astronomy Cast Page to subscribe to the audio podcast!
If you would like to support Astronomy Cast, please visit our page at Patreon here – https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast. We greatly appreciate your support!
If you would like to join the Weekly Space Hangout Crew, visit their site here and sign up. They’re a great team who can help you join our online discussions!
Want to support CosmoQuest? Here are specific ways you can help:
* Donate! (Streamlabs link) https://streamlabs.com/cosmoquestx
* Buy stuff from our Redbubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/cosmoquestx
* Help us find sponsors by sharing our program and fundraising efforts through your networks
* Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
* Sponsor 365 Days of Astronomy http://bit.ly/sponsor365DoA
* A combination of the above!
In this latest instalment, we explore the possibility that humanity is an early arrival to…
The European Space Agency launched the Gaia mission in 2013. The mission's overall goal was…
In anticipation of this upcoming mission, NASA has released a stunning poster for the Europa…
Yesterday, we posted some incredible photos from the Juno Probe’s 29th flyby of Jupiter. Juno…