Dr. R. Aileen Yingst is a Senior Scientist at the Planetary Science Institute, a research institution headquartered in Tucson, AZ. She is Principal Investigator for the Heimdall camera system being built for a future lunar mission, and Deputy Principal Investigator for the Mars Handlens Imager instrument on the Mars Science Laboratory rover Curiosity. She is also a Co-Investigator on the newly-funded Dragonfly mission, an associate on the Dawn at Ceres mission and most recently served as Associate Principal Investigator on the Mars Exploration Rover Mission. Other missions that Dr. Yingst has worked on include Dawn at Vesta, Mars Pathfinder, Mars Polar Lander, and Galileo. Dr. Yingst served as Director of the Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium for 14 years.
Remove All Ads on Universe Today
Join our Patreon for as little as $3!
Get the ad-free experience for life
The Weekly Space Hangout is a production of CosmoQuest.
Want to support CosmoQuest? Here are specific ways you can help:
- Subscribe FREE to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/cosmoquest
- Watch our streams over on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/cosmoquestx – follow and subscribe!
- Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
- Become a Patreon of CosmoQuest https://www.patreon.com/cosmoquestx
- Sponsor 365 Days of Astronomy http://bit.ly/sponsor365DoA
If you would like to join the Weekly Space Hangout Crew, visit their site here and sign up. They’re a great team who can help you join our online discussions!
We record the Weekly Space Hangout every Wednesday at 5:00 pm Pacific / 8:00 pm Eastern. You can watch us live on Universe Today, or the Weekly Space Hangout YouTube page – Please subscribe!