Last week we talked about how well the indigenous Australians followed the night sky. Well, it turns out, Australia is still an amazing place for astronomy. There are so many powerful observatories in Australia, and even more in the works.
Visit the Astronomy Cast Page to subscribe to the audio podcast!
If you would like to support Astronomy Cast, please visit our page at Patreon here – https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast. We greatly appreciate your support!
If you would like to join the Weekly Space Hangout Crew, visit their site here and sign up. They’re a great team who can help you join our online discussions!
Want to support CosmoQuest? Here are specific ways you can help:
* Donate! (Streamlabs link) https://streamlabs.com/cosmoquestx
* Buy stuff from our Redbubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/cosmoquestx
* Help us find sponsors by sharing our program and fundraising efforts through your networks
* Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
* Sponsor 365 Days of Astronomy http://bit.ly/sponsor365DoA
* A combination of the above!
For the northern hemisphere observers, November is fireball season. This month, keep an eye out for two sure-fire annual meteor…
The large-scale and highly-detailed TNG50 simulation has allowed scientists to shed new light on the evolution of the cosmos and…
NASA has just released a beautiful panoramic image of the southern sky, which is composed of images taken by the…
Researchers from the University of Waterloo, Ontario, have developed an "artificial leaf" that has the potential to turn carbon emissions…
NASA is developing an advanced new coating that could protect everything from spacecraft systems to astronauts from harmful lunar dust.