This week we are pleased to welcome Seth Shostak to the Weekly Space Hangout. Seth is Senior Astronomer and Institute Fellow at the SETI Institute. With degrees in physics and astronomy from Princeton University and Caltech, he has a long history of research in radio astronomy and in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, or SETI.
Seth has written more than 600 popular articles on science and technology, and hosts the weekly science radio show “Big Picture Science.” He has authored four books.
He is a frequent guest and commentator on radio and television. His TV appearances include Larry King Live, Colbert Report, Nightline, and countless Discovery, History Channel, and National Geographic Channel programs.
You can follow Seth on Twitter at @sethshostak and learn more about him at his website http://sethshostak.com/
To learn more about Big Picture Science and to find past episodes, visit their webpage http://bigpicturescience.org/. You can also find them on Twitter at @BiPiSci
And don’t forget to visit the SETI Institute website at https://seti.org/
This Week’s Hosts:
Chris Carr (Twitter: @therealCCarr)
The Weekly Space Hangout is a production of CosmoQuest.
Want to support CosmoQuest? Here are specific ways you can help:
- Subscribe FREE to our YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/cosmoquest
- Watch our streams over on Twitch at: https://www.twitch.tv/cosmoquestx – follow and subscribe!
- Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast: https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
- Become a Patreon of CosmoQuest: https://www.patreon.com/cosmoquestx
- Become a Patreon of 365 Days of Astronomy: https://www.patreon.com/365DaysOfAstronomy
If you would like to join the Weekly Space Hangout Crew, visit their site and sign up. They’re a great team who can help you join our online discussions.
We record the Weekly Space Hangout every Wednesday at 5:00 PM Pacific/8:00 PM Eastern. You can watch us live on Universe Today or the Weekly Space Hangout YouTube page. Please subscribe!