Got any holiday plans in March, 2019? Why don’t you join me and Dr. Paul Sutter for a trip to Costa Rica.
I’ve been to Costa Rica once before, and I was amazed by the amount of wildlife and biodiversity of this amazing country – I can’t wait to go back. In the daytime we saw hummingbirds, toucans, macaws and all kinds of monkeys. At night the jungles come alive with sights and sounds if you’re brave enough to explore them. There’s so much history around every corner, and the night skies are really really dark once you get away from the light pollution of the big cities.
And to capture that experience, we’re going to be going to touring many of the country’s amazing features, from Guanacaste beach on the Pacific Ocean to the Mondeverde Cloud Forest.
Remove All Ads on Universe Today
Join our Patreon for as little as $3!
Get the ad-free experience for life
During the days we’ll be discovering the country’s natural wonders, and then at night we’ll be setting up telescopes provided by Oceanside Photo and Telescope to showcase the night sky from areas with almost no light pollution.
Here’s our itinerary:
- Mar 2: Arrive in San Jose • Overnight: Doubletree Cariari Hotel
- March 3: Coffee plantation tour • Evening stargazing • Overnight: Esplendor Tamarindo
- Mar 4: At leisure in Guanacaste beach • Evening stargazing • Overnight: Esplendor Tamarindo
- Mar 5: Monteverde Cloud Forest • Evening stargazing • Overnight: El Establo
- Mar 6: Butterfly & Hanging Bridges tour or Canopy zip line • Migratory birds expert talk • Evening stargazing • Overnight: El Establo
- Mar 7: Tree nursery • Arenal Volcano • Lake Arenal Cruise • Evening stargazing • Overnight: Arenal Springs Resort
- Mar 8: Cano Negro guided riverboat trip • Evening stargazing • Overnight: Arenal Springs Resort
- Mar 9: Zarcero Topiary Garden • San Jose City Tour • Farewell dinner • Overnight: Doubletree Cariari Hotel
- Mar 10: Depart San Jose
The trip includes roundtrip airfare, tour transportation, airport transfers, entrance fees to all the places, breakfasts, dinners, and we’ll be joined by expert guides.
And of course we’ll be doing live taping of Space Radio and the Guide to Space.
This will be the third trip I’ve done with Paul and Astro Tours. Our first trip was Iceland in February, 2018, and I had an amazing time. In September we’ll be cruising the Caribbean.
Put down a reservation to book your spot, and then join us in March in Costa Rica.