Want to stay on top of all the space news? Follow @universetoday on Twitter
Back by popular demand… the Weekly Space Hangout has returned. This is a weekly broadcast on Google+, where I’m joined by a wide and varied team of space and astronomy journalists to discuss the big breaking stories this week.
This week, we talked about:
- Curiosity Works at Night – Emily Lakdawalla
- Opportunity’s 9th Anniversary
- An 8th Century Gamma Ray Burst – Amy Shira Teitel
- The Manatee Nebula – Nicole Gugliucci
- Detailed View of Betelgeuse – Fraser Cain
- New Astronomy Thesaurus – Scott Lewis
- Dung Beetles Navigate with the Milky Way – Nicole Gugliucci
We record the Weekly Space Hangout every Friday on Google+ at 12:00 pm PST / 3:00 pm EST / 2000 GMT. You’ll want to circle Cosmoquest on Google+ to find out when we’re recording next. The audio for the Weekly Space Hangout is also released to the Astronomy Cast podcast feed.