red bull graphic

Infographic: The Anatomy of a Supersonic Freefall

Article Updated: 24 Dec , 2015

What are all the steps and stages of Felix Baumgartner’s record-setting freefall attempt which will take place later this year? This infographic provides a look at what happen during the jump.

More info see our article about Baumgartner and the Red Bull Stratos mission, or the Red Bulletin. Alan Boyle’s Cosmic log has a different version of this infographic, a larger (12MB) pdf.

, ,

1. Doug Black says:

I’m sure this would be very interesting … if I could read the damned thing. Graphic design FAIL.

• daniel_rey_m says:

Why can’t you just download the image separately and then use the Zoom In tool? If it still isn’t enough, copy/paste onto Word, change the View from Print Layout to Web Layout and use the Stretch tool.

• squidgeny says:

It’s not really a problem of zooming, it’s the poor (and rather bizarre) choice of background image.

But since the article links to a much better image anyway, there’s really not much reason to complain.

• krenshala says:

Its a problem due to both their choice of white text on a white/light-blue background (text easily blends in), and JPEG compression blurring the text. This problem is evident even on the larger image.

2. DarkGnat says:

I was wondering what was up with this guy. I figure Red Bull got cold feet or something. I hope he is successful, and everything goes according to plan.

3. Mark Dunk says:

My first parachuting experience was from 14,000 feet, a free-fall of about 60 seconds. This is going to be awesome!

4. bugzzz says:

Please tell me this entire thing will be videotaped from his POV. I don’t need to experience it first hand. That will be close enough.

5. jean John says:

I can’t understand. Maybe this should be had a full article. I tried to download the picture but still I can’t see the picture clearly even if I zoom because of the picture quality.

Facts About Earth

6. Sandipan says:

The text is unreadable. Otherwise the concept is great.

Comments are closed.