Are you looking for a map of the Moon? We’ve found many great moon map resources out on the Internet that you can refer to.
- Observatorio ARVAL – This map of the Moon shows the location of all the seas and major craters on the surface of the Moon.
- Google Moon – This is one of the coolest tools you can use to see a lunar map. It has the locations of all the Apollo landing sites.
- USGS Moon Maps – The USGS has released a series of topographical maps of the Moon, and various images returned from the Clementine and other missions. If you want data… here’s where you’ll find it.
- Albedo Map of the Moon – Here are some maps of the Moon built up with 50,000 images gathered by the Clementine mission.
- Printable Moon Map – This is a map of the Moon that you can print off on your printer.
You can listen to a very interesting podcast about the formation of the Moon from Astronomy Cast, Episode 17: Where Did the Moon Come From?